The Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies creates rigorous scientific knowledge about ecological systems and their importance to human well-being.
• We work at the frontiers of ecological science.
• We create excellence in science through innovation, collaboration, synthesis and dissemination of our results.
• We shape the practice and application of ecological knowledge and discovery.
• We engage diverse communities in our work: scientists, students, educators, policy makers, practitioners and the public.
• We use our scientific leadership to convene, educate and inform these diverse communities to ensure the application of ecological knowledge for the public good.
• We promote and maintain a vibrant and diverse workforce and foster a culture of integrity and respect.